Set up and maintain accurate production of 2 or possibly 3 extrusion lines.
The individual shall have integrity, assertiveness, respect and a passion for the position.
The Operator will report to the Shift Coordinator.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Utilize statistics and MFG data to solve manufacturing process problems.
- Attach dies and install appropriate downstream equipment extrusion lines.
- Adjust extrusion lines to produce customer specified dimensions.
- Accurately read shop prints to perform dimensional checks on extruded parts.
- Accurately use a variety of tools to perform dimensional checks on extruded parts (i.e., caliper, micrometer, etc.)
- Prepare extruded parts for shipment by neatly packaging parts and placing them on pallets to be moved to warehouse locations.
- Work with other extruder operators to aid in the smooth day to day operations of this department and other departments.
- Accurately complete daily process logs and fill out/attach necessary tags and labels to cartons.
- Shut down and clean production tooling as required before returning die to maintenance.
- Is a self starter who works well alone or as a team
- Proficient in retaining a general working knowledge of product as well as materials and their characteristics
- Is highly organized and pays attention to detail
- Competent trouble shooter regarding problems with product and equipment
- Recognizes problems and take corrective action
- Has strong problem solving abilities
- Has an open mind regarding new ideas and change whether they are process, departmental or company related
- Is able to handle constructive criticism and receive guidance from supervisor and/or co-workers
- Works well under pressure
- Has patience and perseverance
- Proficient in all areas of communication (i.e., reads and follows instructions, speaks with clarity, listens carefully to directives)
- Is respectful to co-workers on previous and upcoming shifts (whether in the same department or a different one).
The physical and/or mental demands described in this section are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform primary responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Required Experience and/or Certification:
Proven mechanical abilities
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals written in English.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
This job description is a general description of the essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Poly Vinyl Co., Inc. are expected to perform tasks as assigned by Poly Vinyl Co., Inc. supervision/management regardless of job title or routine job duties.