Johnsonville Sausage, the nation’s No. 1 producer of brats, Italian sausage, smoked-cooked links and fresh breakfast sausage links, is a leader in the food manufacturing industry. The company’s more than 1,400 members, known elsewhere as “employees,” are dedicated to producing the finest-quality sausage. Johnsonville strongly supports each of its members in their efforts of continued growth and development, offering excellent opportunities for advancement, along with an attractive compensation, benefit and bonus package. We invite you to learn more about why Johnsonville was recently recognized as the National Association of State Workforce Agencies (NASWA) National Employer of the Year!
Johnsonville Sausage Job Posting
Direct Hire Posting
You will be directly involved in the Reliability and Maintenance of the equipment and processes we use to produce our great tasting sausage. This position will not only be involved in maintaining current equipment, but it will allow you to apply Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) techniques and concepts on our way to helping Johnsonville become the "Best Company in the World."
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply RCM techniques to improve the performance of a variety of production equipment
- Perform maintenance of utility equipment
- Troubleshoot electrical and mechanical problems on various production and utility equipment and apply RCA techniques to improve and eliminate future problems
- Work on projects (i.e. machining, fabrication, Capital projects and working with outside vendors)
- Help gather information to create technical equipment data for development of preventative maintenance information for SAP
- Assist with new equipment installation and/or equipment relocation
- Maintain facilities and equipment to meet Meadowside, OSHA and U.S.D.A. standards
- Be part of teams that implement ideas to improve uptime of plant equipment through equipment modifications, layout adjustments, and general machine maintenance
- Member must be highly motivated with high expectations
- Preventive maintenance of all plant equipment
- Maintain/monitor inventory system for plant and utility equipment.
- Improve uptime on plant equipment through machine modification, layout adjustments, and general machine maintenance.
- Maintain all utility areas in a neat/orderly fashion.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Industrial maintenance experience is preferred
- Experience in ammonia refrigeration, heating, ventilation and air conditioning and steam generation (boiler), is a plus.
- Basic Electrical experience/understanding is required.(PLCs are a plus.) Willingness to learn is essential.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Must be able to lift up to 80 lbs.
- Basic computer skills required
- External Candidates Only: Ability to pass a pre-employment, post offer drug screen, physical and background check.
Positions Available: 1
Hours: 2nd shift 2pm-10:30pm (Overtime as production demands)
Member Status: Full time
Pay Range: Based on experience
How to Apply:
External candidates: Apply on line at http://jobs.johnsonville.com
Johnsonville Sausage performs pre-employment, post offer drug screens, physicals and background checks for all external manufacturing candidates. We value the diversity of our workforce and we embrace the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment. Johnsonville values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses.