What We Offer
Johnsonville Sausage has an opportunity for a Food Safety/Quality Coordinator to join our Ready-to-Eat Sausage Team. Your passion for continuous improvement efforts will enable Members in the organization to meet the goals of high quality, superior products. This job is perfect for an individual who has a track record of improving and expanding the scope of their responsibilities and wants to continue to grow and be challenged.
- Strategically manage, lead, and coordinate continuous improvement efforts and programs related to food safety and quality processes and systems for Ready-to-Eat (RTE) sausage processing, including defining performance measures
- Serve as a direct coach to develop future leaders as a pipeline for future food safety and quality roles and/or operational leadership positions.
- As a key core leader, drive results towards achieving key operational performance indicators measured in the areas of safety, quality, service, cost, and member development.
- Act as a lead resource to the plant operations and quality teams; serve as a representative for the Exceptional Product Team
- Identify trends and process variation in conjunction with the Ready-to-Eat Operations Teams; execute corrective actions to optimize the safety and quality of products
- Monitor sanitation efforts to identify trends and process issues, consult on corrective actions when needed
- Coordinate outside audits (SQF and customer) with RTE Food Safety/Quality and Operations teams; ensure required program standards are maintained.
- Act as a liaison for plant operations on food safety and quality policies/issues as they relate to both internal/external customers and third party vendors
- Be the main plant representative to the USDA and other regulatory agencies, while ensuring compliance to GMP standards, USDA and other regulatory requirements
- Coordinate troubleshooting of day-to-day food safety and quality opportunities to help the teams define comprehensive, proactive solutions
- Use your technical expertise to educate members on food safety and quality applications and systems
- Lead capital pipeline planning efforts for the food safety and quality area
- Experience in food required; meat/poultry processing (raw, RTE (batch, continuous and cook-in-bag) and harvest preferred
- Experience working in SAP Business Operating System desired
- Understanding of Safe Quality Food program preferred
- Understanding of ready-to-eat product shelf life and meat microbiology
- Knowledge and understanding of continuous improvement processes (Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, etc.)
- Proficient with data management and Statistical Process Control
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Project management and team leadership skills
- Proven track record in the development of team members into higher levels of competency as evidenced by progression into roles of greater responsibility
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite required
- Knowledge and understanding of food safety, HACCP systems, USDA/FDA regulatory requirements; sanitary design of equipment/facility.
- BS required
- MS preferred in Food Science, Meat Science, Microbiology or related field
- minimum of 10 years of experience in a senior quality leadership role required