Set up and perform any operations assigned to Die Casting Machines
- Operator will visually check parts and condition of die
- Remove and replace die casting dies and make necessary adjustments on machine being operated
- Set-up die cast machines, including removing and replacing die casting dies, and make necessary adjustments on machines in preparation for production. Set-up should be checked by Supervisor or Group Leader before running. Assist maintenance with repairs as instructed.
- May be required to set-up ladle, auto-spray, robotic and trim press machines
- Must follow gauging part check procedure and timeline based process
- Works from verbal instructions and Process Sheets
- Other responsibilities as assigned or required
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
Small hand tools such as wrenches, mallet, chisel, screwdriver, etc. Hoist, lift and hand lift trucks for moving and installing dies
- Work is performed in standing position involving some walking, bending, stooping, handling of light materials, handling of heavier material will be encountered maybe encountered while setting up machine
- Lifting/pushing/pulling/carrying up to: 05 lbs. constantly, 35 lbs. frequently, 75 lbs. occasionally
- Hazards are· serious cuts, burns, bruises and possible permanent injury; operator required to wear goggles and heavy gloves. While the job has definite hazards, caution by the operator will reduce hazards to a minimum
- Regular exposure to heat, dirt, grease and fumes
- Regular exposure to noise levels exceeding 85 db (hearing protection required when exposure exceeds 85db)
Education/Training Required: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Works from verbal instruction from supervisor.
- Must be able to read, write and interpret simple drawings.