Under the guidance of the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Technician II is accountable for maintaining production and warehouse equipment, the plant and its infrastructure in a safe and usable condition.
- $21.00 per hour
- Shift: Sunday-Thursday 9PM-7AM
- Benefits include quarterly bonuses, 401(k) match, and health insurance. Benefits start the 1st full month after hire date.
- Average hiring process from application to hire is 3 weeks or less.
Click here to watch our company video.
- Following all safety rules and rules as established in the employee handbook
- Follow standard operating procedures- PM schedules, maintenance work orders, etc…
- Check, adjust or replace belts, chains, bearings, photo eyes, etc…
- Monitor critical pieces of equipment, to detect and resolve issues utilizing WCM tools
- Recognize conditions that could lead to equipment breakdowns
- Manage waste water totes
- Assist in snow and ice removal during winter
- Maintain good housekeeping of maintenance area and production areas where maintenance work has taken place
- Supports WCM expansion by participating and adhering to requirements as established by equipment/area sustainment boards
- Operate a fork truck, scissors lift and boom lift
- Flexible, open minded team player
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in WCM initiatives, including but not limited to kaizen events, sustainment board launches, SOP writing and Development, Safety “Red” tagging of equipment, etc…
Minimum Knowledge and Skills Desired:
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED
- Proficient with hand tools, drill press, bench grinder, band saw, pipe threader, chop saw, torch, hand power tools
- Operate a mill and lathe
- Stick welding of mild steel
- Understand three phase power wiring, run conduit, wire motors, troubleshoot electrical problems
Preferred or Desired Qualifications:
- Previous work experience in Lean Principles or WCM (World Class Manufacturing) is a plus, but not required
- Use materials efficiently with minimal waste
- Maintains company’s tools and equipment in good working condition
- Works in a plant environment with limited HVAC, concrete floors, and exposure to noise, dust, chemicals, and temperature changes, may occasionally encounter wet/slippery surfaces.
- Normal plant operation is 1 shift, up to 7 days a week, depending on business needs. May require long hours and weekend and holiday work, also depending on business needs.
- Must be capable of wearing personal protective equipment necessary to comply with government and company safety standards.
- Must be capable of lifting up to 75 lbs.
- Long periods of walking, bending, twisting, gripping, stair and ladder climbing, working in confined spaces, working at height, working in a dusty environment
The above declarations are not intended to be all-inclusive of this position’s duties, responsibilities and requirements to do this job. They are intended only to describe its general nature.
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Valley Forge, Pa., has helped shape the building products industry for more than 100 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," quickly inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed® is North America’s leading brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, gypsum and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, the world’s largest building products company, CertainTeed and its affiliates have more than 5,700 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. For five consecutive years, the company has received top honors from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for its contributions in protecting the environment and was most recently the recipient of the 2013 ENERGY STAR Sustained Excellence Award. The group had total sales of approximately $3.3 billion in 2012.