American Orthodontics is the world’s largest privately held manufacturer of orthodontic appliances, with more than 600 employees worldwide serving customers in more than 100 countries.
Since Dan Merkel founded American in 1968, we have been dedicated to continuously innovating products and processes to provide the best overall value to our customers.
Our commitment to excellence is reflected throughout our 280,000 square foot state of the art manufacturing and office facility in Sheboygan, Wisconsin, where we manufacture 95% of our product offering. In the local community, we are known as an excellent employer and in turn, benefit from a low employee turnover rate. We have many associates with over 10, 20, and even 30 years of experience. We also have the most experienced sales force in the industry coupled with our ever-growing network of subsidiaries and distributors worldwide that ensures great, long lasting and beneficial relationships with our customers.
The Production Coordinator manages resources to satisfy demand for products in a designated portion of the business. They develop associates through performance management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the organization is maintaining a safe work environment
- Direct work in all assigned departments based on available resources (personnel and equipment)
- Communicate with the coordinators on other shifts that are assigned to the same departments
- Manage daily performance through scrap and output reports
- Review rejects for non-conforming materials
- Complete payroll system-generated requests such as weekly time cards and vacation approvals
- Complete assign tasks in the quality system, such as root cause investigations
- Monitor visual management for safety stock of raw materials, components and supplies
- Improve workplace organization and cleanliness
- Provide formalized feedback to individuals based on scrap and output through weekly updates
- Understand contribution to monthly operations KPI’s
- Complete formal reviews and one-on-ones twice per year with all associates
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- 5 years of experience in direct manufacturing
- Basic computer skills, familiarity with basic spreadsheets software, email and word processing
- Must have good critical process thinking skills
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
- Must be able to work overtime as needed
- Direct supervisory experience
- Experience with Microsoft NAV or ERP system is a plus
- Must be able to stand/walk/Sit for 8-10 hours per day
- Must be able to use a computer for 8-10 hours per day